Being a member of GMB not only provides you with the support and representation at work. Membership also comes with a variety of benefits and services as detailed below.
For further information on any of these, please contact the branch or log into the “My GMB” area on the National GMB website www.gmb.org.uk
- Legal Services
- Insurance & Financial Services
- Health, Sickness and Funeral Services
- For the Home
- Theme Parks & Attractions
- For the Family
- Treat Yourself
- Educational Services
- Additional Benefits
Welcome to Unionline
Your trade union law firm
Telephone: 0300 333 0303
Unionline is your law firm – owned by GMB for GMB members. It is an added and unique benefit of your GMB membership.
UNIONLINE was established by the GMB and CWU unions to provide a broad range of legal services to their members. Our aim is to provide the first line of support to members for any legal need. We provide legal services to members throughout Britain, working with selected specialist panel firm partners to provide local and specialist support for employment and personal injury claims where needed. We also work closely with union officers to make sure members get the best support from both Unionline and their union.
Unionline services include:
- Free Personal Injury claims for you and your family*
- Free will writing service**
- Discounted probate and trust services
- Discounted conveyancing
- Discounted family law representation
- Online advice covering
- Employment Tribunals
- Sickness Absence
- Automatic Unfair Dismissal
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Family Friendly Rights
- Flexible Working Requests
Insurance & Financial Services
In partnership with a number of financial institutions, the GMB can offer members discounted rates on the following service
- Personal Loans
- Home Insurance
- Savings and Pensions
- Travel Insurance
- Life Insurance
Lighthouse Financial Advice
Financial peace of mind – make it happen!
You work hard for your money but is your money working hard for you? Do you know how you would pay your bills if you or your partner had an accident or were seriously ill and unable to work? Or if you could save hundreds or even thousands of pounds on your mortgage? Or whether you are saving enough towards your pension to have enough income when you retire? Or how you could help your family financially?
GMB has appointed Lighthouse Financial Advice as its approved partner for financial advice to help you with these and other financial issues. We have the knowledge and expertise – including a detailed understanding of public and private sector workplace pensions – required to help you whatever your financial worries or stage in life. Our advice is practical, affordable and specific to you and could improve your financial situation.
Complimentary initial financial consultation
As a member of GMB you and your family are entitled to a no obligation, complimentary initial financial consultation with one of our professional financial advisers. This can take place at home, over the telephone or at a location that is convenient for you. Your adviser can explain how you may be able to:
- protect your family’s income, so they have enough money if the worst happens
- save £££s on your repayments
- build up a nest-egg tax-efficiently, for yourself or for your children or grandchildren
- work out whether you are paying enough into your pension, so you will be able to enjoy a comfortable retirement
- take your pension and get the best possible income
GMB Credit Union
GMB Credit Union was established in 1999 as simpler, fairer savings and loans provider for GMB members and their families nationally.
100% owned and operated by GMB members, GMB Credit Union is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
and the Prudential Regulator Authority (PRA). Member savings are fully protected up to £85,000 by the FSCS.
GMB Credit Union pool member savings held allowing us to lend to other GMB members at very competitive rates.
- 2.1% Annual Dividend 2018
- Easy access savings accounts
- Protected up to £85,000
Fast, flexible and fair loans from £100 to £15,000 for any agreed purpose. Be a wise borrower:
- Loans up to £15,000
- Available for just about any purpose
- Competitive rates
GMB Credit Union belongs to its members so take advantage of this unique GMB member benefit and enjoy competitive, simple, secure, socially responsible financial services.
LV (Liverpool Victoria) Car Insurance
Good news… GMB members are entitled to exclusive discounts on a wide range of LV= insurance products through your union membership.
5 Star rated cover – awarded by Defaqto, the independent financial researcher, for the 11th year in a row for being one of the best quality car insurance products on the market. With our comprehensive cover we offer features and benefits including accidental damage and personal accident cover.
LV= also offer caravan insurance as well as discounted rates to GMB members on the following insurance cover:
- Classic car insurance– our comprehensive classic car insurance policy offers you protection for your pride and joy in case something should ever happen.
- Motorcycle insurance– motorbike lovers can enjoy our motorcycle insurance with full cover of helmet and leathers and can protect their no claim discount if they have 4 years claim free for the life of their policy.
UIA Mutual Home Insurance
Discover why over 5,000 GMB members choose to protect their home with UIA Mutual Home Insurance. Our value for money home insurance includes:
- Alternative accommodation for family and pets if needed
- Interest free direct debits (spread over 10 months)
- Accidental damage to TVs, laptops and games consoles
- No fees to amend your policy
UIA Mutual Travel Insurance
Jetting off on a relaxing beach holiday? Or perhaps enjoying a bustling city break? Whatever your travel plans, as a GMB member you and your family will get 10% online discount when buying any single trip or multi-trip travel insurance policy
Our travel cover includes:
- FREE cover for children under 18*
- 24 hour worldwide assistance
- Medical expenses cover
- Legal expenses
GMB Protect Insurance
At GMBProtect, our aim is to provide GMB members and their families with access to greater financial security through a range of protection insurances that protect against the financial impact of major life traumas.
So far more than 2.5 million union members have benefited from our products and over £35 million has been paid out in claims.
Our range of products include:
FREE £5,000 Accidental Death Cover
Your GMB membership entitles you to £5,000 of free cover which pays out if you should die as a result of an accident:
- Cover lasts for 12 months – annually renewable and always free
- Guaranteed acceptance for UK residents aged 18-69
- This policy is underwritten by Advent Insurance PCC Ltd – UIB Cell
“Accidents happen all the time and it’s good to know that my loved ones will have something and because is free as well.” – GMB Protect customer
Accident Protection Plan
- £150,000 cash benefit for accidental death
- £75 for every 24 hours you stay in hospital due to an accident, for up to 180 days
- Guaranteed acceptance for UK residents aged 18-69
- This policy is underwritten by Advent Insurance PCC Ltd – UIB Cell
“Peace of mind that there will be cover for me and my partner in the event of an accident.” – GMB Protect customer
- Up to £50,000 cash lump sum if you die during the policy term
- No medical & no blood tests
- For UK residents aged 18-64
- This policy is underwritten by Scottish Friendly Assurance Society Limited
“To make sure my family have the money to pay for my funeral and peace of mind for me.” – GMB Protect customer
50+ Personal Accident Plan
- Up to £20,000 if you were to die as a result of an accident
- Up to £6,000 if you suffer fractures, dislocations or burns as a result of an accident
- If you’re a UK resident aged 50-79, we guarantee to accept you with no medical questions
- Cover until age 85 – Plus, benefits do not reduce with age
- This policy is underwritten by Advent Insurance PCC Ltd – UIB Cell
What our customers say – “My work doesn’t normally pay if you’re off sick – but I’ve still got my rent, life insurance, car insurance and all that sort of stuff…It’s been a godsend. I haven’t had an accident in over 30 years, so I wasn’t expecting it. I can recommend you left, right and centre!
We understand how important it is to protect your finances against the unexpected. Just imagine if you were sick and couldn’t work, keeping up rent, mortgage and other bills without your regular wages could be a worry.
That is where GMB Income Protection Cover comes in….It gets to work when you cant
Social Security Advice
Free help with queries about pensions, industrial injuries, sickness, unemployment and all other benefits. Free help if you need to appeal against a DSS decision.
For more information contact the branch
Cash Benefits & Support
GMB can help by paying members the following benefits (qualification for these benefits is free to GMB members): Weekly Accident Benefit for up to 13 weeks, Permanent Total Disablement Grant, Occupational Fatal Accident Benefit, Non-occupational Fatal Accident Benefit.
For more information contact the branch
Health, Sickness and Funeral Services
Sick and Accident Society
For the minimal payment of just 10 pence per week, the sick and accident society provided you with additional protection should you be off work sick. The society pays out £15 per week for valid claims (conditions apply).
GMB NHS Dental Plan
Would you like all your NHS dental bills repaid in full up to £500.00 per year?
The GMB NHS Dental Plan will give you money back each time you visit your NHS dentist, so no more costly treatment bills.
GMB Funeral Benefit
The GMB Funeral Benefit is offered to all full time, part time and retired life members as part of their membership
Convalescent Care Homes
When GMB members need a few weeks to get over a serious illness or accident GMB can arrange free facilities at one of its approved convalescent homes.
For more information contact the branch
For the Home
Privilege Purchase Club Discounts
- Introducing the Hotpoint Privilege Purchase Club offering exclusive pricing on over 850 different appliances including four great brands to choose from, Kitchenaid, Whirlpool, Hotpoint & Indesit.
- Products range from washing machines, refrigeration, cookers and dishwashers to Hotpoint’s Small Domestic Appliance range. Some appliances are already pre-discounted and in addition we offer at least an extra 15% off using their monthly voucher code, displayed on the homepage.
20% off Crown Paints
- We are proud to partner with Crown Paints to offer all GMB members and their friends and family a 20% discount. With over 150 stores nationwide you’re never too far away from your local Crown Decorating Centre to grab your discount.For more information about Crown Paints check out their website here.
Discount on Dell Products
- We are pleased to partner with Dellto offer all of our members this quality discount when purchasing products from Dell.*The 10% discount applies to ALL of the Dell Inspiron 7000 range, XPS and Alienware.
- This includes 10-20% discount off laptops, desktops and accessoriesas well as access to highly trained advisors.
Theme Parks & Attractions
20% off Merlin Annual Passes
We are proud to partner with Merlin to offer all of our members this quality discount.
With these passes you can unlock access to over 30 of the UK’s top attractions – Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Alton Towers, SEA LIFE and LEGOLAND Windsor are just a few of the Merlin attractions included in your Merlin Pass.
Click here to see what’s included in the different passes.
Note: the 20% discount currently only applies to the annual passes – not the monthly ones.
10% off at Go Ape!
- Looking to discover some seriously adventurous things to do outdoors? Go Ape offer outdoor experiences and activities across 34 locations UK wide.From zip wires, to super-springy trampoline nets in the trees, to off-road Segways, Go Ape have an adventure for everyone.
So, if you’re looking to get the blood pumping, take on a challenge, or just have fun with your Tribe, a day of unforgettable action, laughter, and achievement awaits. Who will you share adventure with?
GMB is proud to partner with Go Ape to offer our members 10% off.
Up to 49% discount at Alton Towers
- We are proud to partner with Alton Towers to offer all of our members this quality discount.Unleash the ‘Power of the Towers’ this year as you share joy, laughter and thrills with family and friends at Britain’s Greatest Escape! Enjoy an awesome choice of world-class rollercoasters including Wicker Man, Nemesis, Oblivion and The Smiler and a host of fantastic family attractions including the brand new ‘Peter Rabbit TM Hippity Hop’ ride and, from April, the ‘Teletubbies Big Band Live Show’ in CBeebies Land!
Up to 50% off at Chessington World of Adventures Resort
- We are proud to partner with Chessington World of Adventures Resort to offer all of our members this quality discount.With over 40 rides and attractions in 10 themed lands, a Zoo and SEA LIFE centre with over 1,000 exotic animals, Chessington World of Adventures Resort offers a world of excitement for the whole family to enjoy.
Up to 51% off at Thorpe Park
- We are proud to partner with Thorpe Park to offer all of our members this quality discount.With over 30 thrilling rides, attractions and live events, Thorpe Park Resort is alive like no other UK destination and is a must-visit for those looking to share endless fun with friends and family. In 2019 join us for a season of fun, thrills and laughter with intense coaster action, unmissable events and unforgettable Island memories.
Discount at the Lastminute.com London Eye
- We are proud to partner with lastminute.com London Eye to offer all of our members this quality discount.Standing tall on the south bank of the River Thames, nothing says iconic like The lastminute.com London Eye.Because we’re right in the heart of the city, you get closer views of London’s most spectacular landmarks from Big Ben to The Houses of Parliament and even Windsor Castle on a clear day! Go one better than looking at the iconic skyline, move through it.
Up to 34% off at The Blackpool Tower
- We are proud to partner with Blackpool Tower to offer all of our members this quality discount.Make your visit to Blackpool a fun and memorable one when you visit Merlin’s awesome Blackpool attractions. From the heights of The Blackpool Tower Eye with its breath-taking SkyWalk, 4D cinema and stylish Bar 380 to the depths of the scary yet funny Blackpool Tower Dungeon featuring amazing special effects and an incredible actor-led show.Finish off with a spin across the floor or afternoon tea with friends at the one and only Blackpool Tower Ballroom. A breathtaking venue offering a truly memorable experience. Don’t forget Th
e Blackpool Tower Circus’ great for kids of all ages and featuring amazing acts from all over the globe.
Up to 30% discount off Bear Grylls Adventure
- We are proud to partner with Bear Grylls Adventure to offer all of our members this quality discount.Test your limits as you take on incredible mental and physical challenges insprired by Bear’s love of adventure. We’ll get you geared up and ready to climb, dive, fly, zip, leap, scramble and adventure.Escape the ordinary and achieve something epic at The Bear Grylls Adventure.
Up to 30% off at Madame Tussauds (London and Blackpool)
- We are proud to partner with Madame Tussauds to offer all of our members this quality discount.Welcoming a fabulous 10 million guests though our world-famous doors every year, Madame Tussauds gives you the chance to experience the ULTIMATE fame experience.Through a combination of historic artistic methods (that date back centuries, by the way!), immersive sets and pioneering modern tech – guests can experience fame and get closer to the action like never before…
Up to 43% discount at Sea Life Centre
- Dive into one of the many SEA LIFE centres around the country with this cracking deal exclusively for GMB members.
Up to 41% off at The Dungeons
- We’ve negotiated this amazing discount at all of The Dungeons across the UK for GMB members.Scream and laugh your way around the ultimate love action journey through a city’s darkest past. Live action show, exciting rides and hysterically horrible history.So much fun, It’s Scary!
Up to 48% off at LEGOLAND Windsor
- We are proud to partner with LEGOLAND Windsor to offer all of our members this quality discount.For an awesome family day out this year visit
the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort and experience the ultimate LEGO® adventure!With over 55 rides, live shows and attractions set over 150 acres of parkland plus a fully LEGO themed hotel on site, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is a family destination that is not to be missed!
Up to 49% discount at Warwick Castle
- We are proud to partner with Warwick Castle to offer our members this quality discount.Experience 1,100 years of Great British history in one of England’s finest medieval fortresses.Experience the fun of real history on a visit to Warwick Castle!Warwick Castle is one of the most exciting historic locations in Europe, set in the heart of Shakespeare’s England with over 1,100 years of fascinating architecture and amazing views in 64 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds.
Save up to 40% at Shrek’s Adventure! London
- We are proud to partner with Shrek’s Adventure to offer our members this quality discount.Join the search to find Shrek! A brilliantly bonkers interactive and immersive walkthrough experience, where the whole family can journey through Far Far Away as the stars of the show.See, hear, touch and smell the adventure by exploring 12 fairytale themed live shows, collecting the special ingredients that you will need in order to find Shrek and make it home safely!
Up to 40% off at LEGOLAND Discovery Centre
- We are proud to partner with the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre to offer all of our members this quality discount.For a super fun family day out visit one of a LEGOLAND Discovery centre – the ultimate indoor LEGO® playground.In Birmginham you can enjoy a 4D Cinema, two rides, a build and test zone to improve all of your LEGO building skills, as well as a LEGO cafe to sit back and enjoy after a day of building.In Manchester you can enjoy three LEGO® rides, 11 LEGO® play zones, a 4D cinema AND the opportunity to become a NINJA with the awesome LEGO® NINJAGO® City Adventure!
For the Family
Discount at Haven Holidays
- Your perfect UK break. Haven offer the perfect base for your short break or holiday. When you join us on a Haven holiday, all our award-winning family holiday parks will give you the warmest welcome possible.We’ve made sure each of our 37 parks is on or near the coast, so the sound of the sea’s never too far away. From under 5s getaways to dog friendly holidays and couples’ retreats, we cater for everyone here at Haven.With over 100 indoor and outdoor activities to choose from at Haven, we have something suitable for the whole family, whatever your age or ability.All of our parks have great facilities and entertainment for all the kids – big ones and little ones. There’s plenty to keep everyone busy. You’ll find plenty of time to be together on your chosen Haven UK holiday.
Save up to 15% with APH – Airport Parking & Hotels
- APH’s pre-booking rates represent savings of up to 25% and on top of that, as a GMB member, you and your family receive up to 15% discount off standard APH rates at participating airport car parks throughout the UK.Choose between ‘off-airport’ parking for great value, ‘on-airport’ parking for convenience or upgrade to a Meet & Greet service for that special VIP touch.
- 15% discount off APH branded Park & Ride and Meet & Greet services at Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Stansted, Edinburgh and Luton airports.
- 10% discount off all other participating Park & Ride and Meet & Greet services at airports throughout the UK.
- 10% discount off all participating airport hotel and parking packages.
- 10% discount off No.1 Traveller lounges at selected airports.
Up to 40% off Cinemas Nationwide!
We’ve teamed up with The Cinema Society to offer our members up to 40% off
cinemas throughout the UK. Including ODEON, VUE, EMPIRE, Showcase and much much more.
20% off National Express
- We are proud to partner with National Express to offer all of our members this quality discount when travelling with National Express.This offer is a 20% discount off National Express full range of fares, including the cheapest online ‘Restricted Fares’. The discount will apply to GMB members plus up to 3 others travelling with them and there will be a requirement to book at least 3 days in advance.
Save on Glasses and Eye Tests at Vision Express
- Built on a passion for the optical profession and a drive for unparalleled customer service, Vision Express take vision seriously.With coverage across the UK in over 600 stores, including selected Tesco Extra Stores.
- Free eye test, including digital retinal photography, upon purchase of complete glasses over £50
- Current national offer (e.g. 2 for 1 designer glasses) or save £30 on complete glasses
- 3-month’s supply of soft disposable contact lenses when joining our contact lens Direct Debit scheme (Complete Contact Care) – terms and conditions apply
- 10% off non-prescription sunglasses
- We’ll allow a friend or family member to benefit from every one of these discounts as well, so let those closest to you receive the expert eye care they deserve.
Free 3 month tastecard membership
- GMB is proud to team up with with tastecard to offer our members 3 months free (renewing into a £30 annual membership – 62% off RRP)
tastecard is the UK’s largest dining destination with 6000+ partner restaurants. Join more than 2.5 million others and enjoy 50% off food or 2 for 1 meals, 7 days a week.
Visit their website to explore where you can get huge discounts.
Gourmet Society Membership
Working in partnership with the GMB, the Gourmet Society now offer a discounted membership rate to all GMB Northern region members saving you around 50% on the membership fee and even more in restaurants and bars around the region. View the Gourmet Society website for more information.
Up to 10% off Fred Olsen Cruise Lines
We’ve teamed up with the award winning Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, to offer our members this great quality discount on all their crusies.
*Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines offers GMB members a very tempting discount – up to 10% off for existing Fred. Olsen customers – with 5% affinity membership discount in addition to the 5% Oceans Loyalty Discount. New to Fred. Olsen customers can save 5% on their first sailing with them too and that’s on top of any current offers.
Check out the available cruises here.
10% off Coastal Cottages
GMB is proud to partner with Coastal Cottages to offer our members a fantastic 10% discount on cottage escapes to the Pembrokeshire coastline.
With over 500 quality cottages to choose from, you can enjoy a discounted rate on all full price rentals and also receive a complimentary welcome hamper upon arrival.
With 186 miles of stunning Coast Path, over 100 beautiful beaches and a wealth of activities and attractions; you’re certain to have a wonderful retreat.
Get OK! Magazine for £10 for the first 3 months then £44 for the next 12 months
Step this way for the hottest Hollywood gossip, exclusives and interviews!
An OK! magazine subscription is the perfect way to stay up to date with who and what’s hot. As the bestselling celebrity magazine in the UK with 30 million readers worldwide and available in over 20 countries, OK! is the ultimate glossy bible for your weekly dose of celebrity gossip and breaking-news celebrity interviews, photos and exclusives, hot off the press.
Break ups, make ups, births, marriages and in memoriam – you’ll find all life and style news of your favourite stars in the glossy pages of OK! magazine every week.
Treat yourself (or someone special) to an OK! magazine subscription and save 50% on the cover price of your favourite weekly celebrity glossy!
£10 off Majestic Wine
- Treat yourself to £10 off at Majestic Wine! That’s right, simply spend £40 or more on any wine, beer
- or spirits
Get the Mirror from as little as £3 per month
- The GMB play a vital role in our public services and we believe that our public services represent the very best of Britain. That’s why the Mirror strives to fight against the on-going cuts to a sector that plays such a big role in our reader’s everyday lives.So far we have led our successful High Street Fight Back campaign which forced the Government to announce a £1.5 billion boost for British town centres, and the Mirror’s Max’s Law campaign is on the cusp of changing the legislation on organ donations after winning backing in both houses of Parliament.Our campaigns can only become a reality because of our readers’ power and the difference we can make when we come together.
- Your continued support and loyalty enables us to cover these stories and that’s why we’re offering the chance to join our supporter’s subscription scheme, can save 85% for the first 3 months, 50% for the second 3 months and 20% thereafter.
1/3 off Tribune subscription
- We’re proud to partner with Tribune to offer of our members 1/3 off their annual subscription.Whether you want a subscription for yourself or if you want to gift it to someone else, the Tribune magazine and website is the perfect place to get indepth political opinion from the British left
Get the Manchester Evening News with 50% off for 3 months, then 20% off
For more than 150 years the M.E.N have told the stories of the people of what is now known as Greater Manchester.
The title has always been committed to reporting the news accurately, fairly and vigorously, holding those in authority to account and campaigning on behalf of the needs and interests of the people in the region. Following the recent tragic events in 2019 in Manchester, the M.E.N has campaigned to help make the city a more peaceful place, launching the We Stand Together campaign to fight hate crime and to persuade the cities educational chiefs to include peace studies on the curriculum of every primary and secondary school in Greater Manchester.
Following the bomb attack in 2019 it has worked with the readers to raise £2.5m to help those affected. The Manchester Evening News also reports extensively and in unrivalled depth on the cities two world-famous football clubs, Manchester United and Manchester City, coverage which is enjoyed by readers locally and around the world
Unlimited Magazines free for two months from Readly.com plus a free £10 M&S Voucher
GMB is proud to team up with Readly to offer our members a two month free trial (renewing into a £7.99 monthly membership). What’s even better is upon paying £7.99 for the third month, Readly will send you a free £10 M&S Gift Card!
Readly is the new way of reading magazines on tablets and smartphones.
Choose from over 5,000 titles including all your favourites and back issues too!
The offer gives you two months free access to Readly (after which the subscription is £7.99 per month) but you can cancel anytime (even before your first payment if you find the service isn’t for you).
There’s absolutely no limit on how many titles you can read, plus you can create up to 5 profiles which means your whole family gets unlimited magazines under one subscription!
Get the Liverpool ECHO with 50% off for 3 months then 20% off
The Liverpool ECHO has been at the heart of the community for over 140 years and is one of the most famous and trusted regional news brands in the world.
It’s first for news, capturing the cities past, present and future and has been proud to serve the region and readers since 1879. The title has built its reputation as a strong campaigning newspaper helping to make a difference locally and backed a number of campaigns over the years such as the battle of bringing the cities beautiful and derelict buildings back in use and taking crime-linked scrambler bikes off the roads of Merseyside.
The ECHO has supported and stood alongside the families of the 96 victims of the Hillsborough Disaster and is committed to delivering excellent and comprehensive coverage of both Everton and Liverpool football clubs.
Get the Daily Record with 85% off for 3 months, then 50% off for 3 months, then 20% off
Here’s your chance to get 85% off Scotland’s favourite newspapers. The Daily Record and Sunday Mail brings you up-to-date news, sport and entertainment every day.
The award winning team of writers deliver the stories that matter to ordinary Scots – from campaigning for social justice to its unrivalled coverage of Scottish football.
At the weekend enjoy reading the bumper Sunday Mail, packed full of the news, real life stories and sport coverage you love, plus reader favourites Seven Days magazine and the Sunday Mail crosswords.
Your continued support and loyalty enables us to cover these stories and that’s why we’re offering the chance to join our supporter’s subscription scheme, can save 85% for the first 3 months, 50% for the second 3 months and 20% thereafter.
GMB Lifelong Learning
Welcome to GMB Learn. Here you can find all the learning opportunities available to you as part of your GMB membership.
From free accredited qualifications to bursaries for study, you will find everything you need to help you develop both in and out of work.
GMB’s core purpose is that every member should have the opportunity to discover and develop their talents and that is why having members accessing lifelong learning is part of their membership benefits.
Every year GMB trains thousands of our members, and helps even more on the path to learning. We train our reps in everything from basic employment law to health and safety, and offer every member the opportunity to gain qualifications and learn new skills.
The National Numeracy Challenge
Become a GMB Rep
10% off E-Careers
The Skills Network
Lifelong Learning Fund
Further Education Discounts
Wranx learning courses
Road Traffic Fund
If you drive as part of your work then the Road Traffic Fund is ideal for you. For just an additional 10p per week the fund offers a variety of benefits for those who drive as part of their work, including the payment of speeding fines (conditions apply).
Hermes 10% discount
Need to send a parcel? As one of the UK’s largest parcel delivery companies, Hermes offer a range of flexible, affordable & convenient delivery options.As ‘The Parcel People’, they know every parcel you send means a lot, which is why they mean a lot to Hermes too. So it’s no surprise
they’re trusted to deliver over a million parcels in the UK every day, 7 days a week!With over 90% of you living within 2 miles of one of their 4,700 drop off locations, whatever it is you’re sending, Hermes have you covered. With prices starting from as little as £2.26, you’ll also get full tracking included as standard. GMB is proud to partner with Hermesto offer all of our members this 10% discount on their services.
TRACE ME Lo st Luggage Protection Discount
We are proud to partner with TRACE ME Luggage Trackerto offer all of our members this discount.
Every year over 1 million bags go missing at airports globally, and are never returned to their owners. TRACE ME Smart IDluggage tag helps prevent that happening to you. It is compatible with baggage handling systems and works at virtually all airports and airlines around the world.It’s secure, anonymous and provides you with complete peace of mind when you travel. No moving parts or batteries, always works where RFID, GSM or GPS signals are compromised. If your bag doesn’t arrive, TRACE ME prevents it being lost forever and accelerates its return. You can get 40% off when you purchase TRACE ME Smart ID packs